Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Thinking about food

If any advertisements on the tube shows any signs of food being served, I can easily get this craving to eat something. This is not new to me. Watching an ads with food all over will make me jumping up and down. Do not argue about food with me.

I can smell a food and tells you what it is in the ingredient. Well , not all food though. Been in foreign countries made me a different kind of cook or chef as they called it at the hotels. Traditional recipes can be a hassle when you are 6000 miles away from your homeland. Unless you are in major cities in the world , when you may find all the ingredient in the world in a specific food chain restaurant or food stores.

5 years in the UK , I was on a low budget cooking spree. Dont have all the ingredient in the world , well actually can afford to have all the ingredient anyway, makes you a low budget cook. Some nasi goreng can turn out to be 7 different kind of nasi goreng in a week. It can be nasi goreng telur, or nasi goreng ayam , or nasi goreng sea food , or nasi goreng kampung , nasi goreng siam , nasi goreng amerika , and the list can go on and on and on and on.

Then 7 years on the east coast pf penisular Malaysia. Sugar based food ? nahhhh! Not for me. Tend to mix the local delicacy with some Jawa old hot and spicy ingredients. It does not make sense though , sugar with hot red chilli.

Ok enuf said. Welcome to the blog of the millenium. Its about the writer vision on food. His experience with food and the food he likes to cook . Enjoy......................!